Check out these tasty classroom treats to make with your adult and share with your friends!
Crispy Rice Candy Corn Treats:
• 9 cups miniature marshmallows
• 1/2 cup butter
• 10 cups crispy rice cereal
• 2 cups candy corn
• 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Butter a 10×15 baking pan.
2. Melt marshmallows and butter together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes.
3. Combine cereal, candy corn, and chocolate chips together in a large bowl. Add marshmallow mixture to cereal mixture and stir together until cereal is well coated. Spread in prepared pan. Cool to room temperature and cut into squares.
Fruity Krispy Treats:
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 (10.5 ounce) package fruit flavored mini marshmallows
• 6 cups fruit-flavored breakfast cereal (such as Post Fruity Pebbles®)
1. Spray an 8×10-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Gently stir the marshmallows into the butter, and allow to fully melt. Stir until the butter and marshmallows are blended, remove pan from heat, and stir in the breakfast cereal until the cereal is completely coated with the melted marshmallows. Spread the mixture out into the prepared pan, refrigerate for 1 hour to set, and cut into bars.
So Pink Cereal Bars:
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 (10 ounce) package large marshmallows
• 1/2 (3 ounce) package cranberry flavored Jell-O® mix
• 3 cups crispy rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex ®)
• 3 cups toasted oat cereal rings (such as Cheerios®)
• 2/3 cup mini candy-coated chocolate pieces (such as mini M&M’s®)
• 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1. Butter a 9×12-inch baking dish.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick pot over low heat.
3. Mix in the marshmallows and cranberry gelatin mix until the marshmallows have melted and the mixture is smooth.
4. Stir in the rice squares, oat cereal rings, mini candy-coated chocolate pieces, and dried cranberries until thoroughly combined.
5. Working quickly, press the mixture into the prepared baking dish and allow to cool.
6. Cut into 2-inch squares.