Hey Kids, grab your adult and whip up some of the fun and flavorful snacks. Grab a couple friends and make a party out of it. Healthy eating can be fun… Just give it a try. What other fun snacks can you make with the ingredients? Give it a shot and let us know. Go to the Official Kids mag Facebook page and share your culinary creations.
Magical Peanut Butter Tacos
2 Mission® Kid Size Flour Tortillas with Edible Disney® Tortilla Decals
• 4 tablespoons peanut butter
• 1 cup strawberries, hulled (cut off the green parts), sliced
• 1/2 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
• 1 medium banana, sliced
• 1/4 cup flaked coconut
Purple Power Punch Smoothie
• 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (such as Dannon® Light and Fit®)
• 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk
• 1 banana, cut in chunks
• 1/4 cup blueberries, or to taste
• 1/4 cup raspberries, or to taste
• 1/4 cup blackberries, or to taste
• 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
• 1 cup crushed ice
• 3 tablespoons raw sugar
• 1 tablespoon honey
Pulse yogurt, strawberries, water, powdered milk, banana, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and protein powder together in a blender until well-mixed. Add ice, sugar, and honey and blend until smooth.
Local honey helps with allergies.
Whey protein is awesome and since we drink our smoothies as a meal replacement for breakfast or lunch, it is important to add protein. It also helps to thicken and smooth the drink.
For a thinner smoothie, use 1/2 to 3/4 cup regular milk instead of the powdered milk and water. For a thicker smoothie, use more powder- either protein powder or powdered milk. Only add 1 tablespoon at a time and blend. Then, check consistency again.
1. Spread 2 Tbsp. peanut butter on each tortilla.
2. On each tortilla, place 1/2 sliced banana on top of peanut
butter. Then, top each with 1/2 cup of strawberries,
pineapple and coconut.
3. Fold in half.
4. Place Edible Disney(R)
Decals on Tortillas and enjoy
(instructions on back of
Mission Kid Size Tortilla package).
Cute Grape Caterpillars
• 20 green grapes
• 1tablespoon cream cheese, softened
• 10 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Pick out the 5 nicest looking grapes. Place 2 small dollops of cream cheese on each one for the eyes and stick in mini chocolate chips for the pupils. Thread 3 to 4 grapes, depending on length of your skewers, lengthwise onto a skewer, followed by the grape with the eyes horizontally. Repeat with the other grapes
Instead of cream cheese you can also use frosting, mascarpone, or confectioners’ sugar mixed with a little lemon juice. Or you can glue on sugar eyes.
• 1 large cucumber
• 1 large carrot
1. Cut cucumber in half lenghwise and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Cut out seeds so you end up with little crescent shapes.
2. Slice carrot and cut out 2 small triangles on one side using a sharp knife, so the carrot slice looks like a tulip. Skewer the cucumber crescent onto a toothpick, followed by a carrot “tulip”
Ice Cream Pizza
• 1/2 (15.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1 pinch flaked salt (optional)
• 1 egg
• 1 quart vanilla ice cream
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, or more to taste
• 1/3 cup hot fudge, or more to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and egg in a large bowl until well blended; fold in chocolate chips. Spread mixture onto the prepared baking sheet using your fingers, forming into a 9-inch round about 1/4-inch thick. Top with salt.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until cookie crust is set, 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from oven and knock bottom of baking sheet firmly on the counter to flatten any extra air from cookie crust. Cool crust on the baking sheet, at least 30 minutes. Transfer to a large plate or platter.
4. Soften ice cream at room temperature for 20 minutes; transfer to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the consistency of soft serve.
5. Spread beaten ice cream over cooled cookie crust with an offset spatula or knife. Transfer to the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
6. Slice ice cream “pizza” into 6 to 8 slices and top each slice with walnuts and hot fudge.
Try a variety of toppings. At least one topping and one sauce, but the sky’s the limit! You can do whatever sounds delicious! Hot fudge and M&M’s® make an easy winner. Some other great combos: Hot fudge and Spanish peanuts; salted caramel and crushed Oreos®; raspberry puree, chopped chocolate, and toasted almonds, just to name a few! Have fun and be creative!
7. Or better yet, make a little buffet of options and let everyone top their very own ice cream pizza slices.
8. Save the other 1/2 of the box of cake mix for your next ice cream pizza party OR double the recipe and bake two now!