Here are some fun snacks you can make using the best fruit of fall… apples!
• 2 Golden Delicious apples, cored and thinly sliced
• 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
2. Arrange apples slices on a metal baking sheet.
3. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over apple slices.
4. Bake in the preheated until apples are dried and edges curl up, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Transfer apple chips, using a metal spatula, to a wire rack until cooled and crispy.
Make your own fruit leather out of apples and pears, and enjoy it as a snack any time.
• 1 cup sugar
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped apple
• 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped pears
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with a layer of plastic wrap or parchment paper.
2. In the container of a blender, combine the sugar, lemon juice, apple and pear. Cover and puree until smooth. Spread evenly on the prepared pan. Place the pan on the top rack of the oven.
3. Bake for 5 to 6 hours, leaving the door to the oven partway open. Fruit is dry when the surface is no longer tacky and you can tear it like leather. Roll up on the plastic wrap and store in an airtight jar.
A goofy snack for Halloween that looks like wax teeth!
• 1 Red Delicious apple
• 3 tablespoons peanut butter
• 15 mini marshmallows, or more as needed
1. Slice apple into 4 sections and cut away stem and seeds, Carve out some of the skin to form a “mouth” between the “lips.”
2. Spread peanut butter into the “mouth.” Arrange the mini marshmallows on top of the peanut butter to form the “teeth.” Bite into the fleshy part of the apple so the “teeth” are facing outward.
You can substitute almond butter, chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella®), sunflower butter, or cream cheese for the peanut butter if desired.
You can substitute raisins or square-shaped cereal for the mini marshmallows if desired, for rotten-looking teeth!!